Medical treatment eats away most of your savings in no time. To guard against the same, people take medical or health insurance. However, insurance claim settlement is a tedious task and consumes a lot of time. People often have to arrange money for medical treatment despite being covered under an insurance policy as most of the insurance claims are settled after being discharged from hospital. In fact, in many cases insurance policy holders even do not get their full claim.
Keeping these problems in mind, Insurance regulator, Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI), has asked companies to give more emphasis to cashless insurance claims settlement. And in order to do so, these companies will have to register with 32,000-hospital network—ROHINI, claimed sources. Registry of Hospitals in Network of Insurance (ROHINI) is a registry of unique hospitals in the Health Insurers and Third Party Administrators (TPAs) network in India.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Emphasis on cashless insurance claim settlement : Highlights
*Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India has asked insurance companies to give priority/emphasis to payment of cashless claim, said sources.
*As per sources, IRDAI aims to cover more policy holders through cashless claim
*As per IRDAI, companies will have to extend their coverage of cashless claims, said sources.
*Sources said insurance companies will sign the cashless claim agreement with the hospitals connected with ‘Rohini’
* People often face problems during treatment in the absence of cashless treatment.
* Without cashless claim settlement, policyholders do not get their full claim. Cashless claim also reduces the chances of overcharging by hospitals.
* ROHINI has been developed by the Insurance Information Bureau of India (IIB).
* The list now consists of approximately 32,000 unique hospitals, arrived at after an extensive exercise of automated as well as manual de-duplication undertaken by IIB.
* In the long run, the registry will evolve as a one stop source of all information related to Health Insurance, Hospitals and beyond, for the Insurers, Medical services providers, customers and regulators.